3pt online registration closed. Register at booth
3 Point Contest Rules
1. Anyone can participate - 1 division - kids and adults - male or female
2. $5 per participant - pay at the registration booth or online.
3. Come to registration booth to confirm registration and receive wrist band to confirm payment.
4. You can only participate if you have wrist band on.
5. Each shooter will have 45 seconds to shoot five balls from three areas positioned around the 3-point line. One will be stationed at the top of the key, and one will be on each wing. Each shooter may begin at either corner of the court. The designated shooting spots along the 3-point arc will be marked with cones. The shooter will stand behind the cones when shooting.
6. Participants may only shoot 5 times from each area - 15 shots total to obtain the best score.
7. The clock will start on the shooter’s first release.
8. The first four balls at each area are worth one point, and the fifth ball is worth two points. A shooter must have both feet behind the 3-point line when he/she releases the ball.
9. A shooter’s total score is determined by adding the total points he/she receives for all made baskets from behind the 3-point line.
10. Pending registrations, this will be a two round or three round contest. Top ten or top five will advance to second round.
11. Tie-Breaker - When determining the champion, the following tie-breaking procedure will be followed: The first tiebreaker will be the number of money balls each shooter hit in his/her round. If a tie still exists, the second tiebreaker will be the number of baskets made from the last area. If a tie still exists, proceed backward through the number of areas until the tie is broken or tournament lead can determine a shootout will determine winner.
12. Have fun! Sportsmanship is important and remember this is a fundraiser for Union Station - a faith-based organization.